AUDITIONS ANNOUNCING AUDITIONS FOR MALE ENSEMBLE NORTHWEST Opening(s) for - Tenor 1, Tenor 2 or Baritone Audition Dates/Locations: June 13, Tri-Cities, Washington June 20, Portland, Oregon
Application deadline: May 15, 2015 Contact: Phill Hurley - email@example.com (503) 890-2142 to arrange a time for your audition, or for more information
Audition Requirements: 1) Perform two pieces of solo literature: One art song and one Broadway or Jazz tune.
2) Sing scales to demonstrate range and vocal quality.
3) Sight read some pieces from the current MEN repertoire with members of MEN. You may be asked to sing different voice parts. You may also be asked to read in a language other than English.
4) Have an onsite interview with members of MEN.
5) 3 References
Qualifications: 1) An experienced and successful choral conductor/music educator.
2) A team player --‐ flexible --‐ willing/able to read new parts at the last minute if needed.
3) A connecting voice --‐ strong, independent singer who is also sensitive to the ensemble sound and able to create a unified sound in a variety of standing arrangements.
4) Committed --‐ willing to make MEN performances a priority, and make every effort to attend them. 3 to 5 weekend workshops during the school year - Usually Friday evening through Sunday afternoon.
5) Experience with singing in smaller ensembles
6) Able to take directions, ideas and suggestions from other members, and willing to give them as needed.
7) Recognition that MEN is about team effort and not individual attention.
8) Willing to take an active role in the group. Come to workshops and concerts prepared. Work on committees, help find new music, and help to advertise and promote the group.
9) Available to attend summer retreat where we learn our program for the following season. Dates this year are July 12-14, 2015 (with optional July 9-10-11 workshop Eugene, Oregon area) Attendance at the retreat is a MUST